The Stranded Series
This is a trilogy of short fiction, with each story showing the protagonist trapped in a location or situation against their will.
- In The Western Isles, a woman is holidaying in the remote islands of the Outer Hebrides, awaiting the late arrival of her friend and a turning point in their relationship. Read it here.
- In The Botanical Gardens, an isolated Garden Curator is forced to face up to her fear of leaving the Gardens that are both her workplace and home. Contact Emma for a PDF.
- In Unpronouncable, a woman is stranded in a London airport waiting for the skies to clear so she can fly home. As she waits with a group of travellers for the natural phenomenon to pass, unnatural phenomenons begin to occupy their days. Coming soon.
On Artists and Exhibitions
- Interview with Kino Paxton for Whitstable Biennale Journal (2018)
- Interview with Richard Layzell for Whitstable Biennale Journal (2018)
- Interview with Tanya Axford for Whitstable Biennale Journal (2015)
- Interview with Benedict Drew for Whitstable Biennale Journal (2015)
- Interview with Neil Henderson for Whitstable Biennale Journal (2014)
- On Canalology festival (2014)
- Response to William Hsu’s exhibition Hermes Lack of Words (2013)
- On Piccadilly Community Centre by Christoph Büchel (2011)
- On Hackney Dawn Watching by Natasha Vicars (2011)
- On By the Fourth Watch by Siân Robinson Davies (2007)
- On Journey to the Lower World by Marcus Coates (2007)
- On Flock by Gary Stevens (2007)
- On Parade of the Denizens by Ed Pien and Eva Lis (2007)